sobota, 14. september 2013

I AM A CURIOUS CHILD

A mother of three wonderful children will join us for voluntary work in Gambia. Irena Zgank proves there are no obstacles for this kind of journey! Modest acts, from her or from the people she has met in her life, is what makes her happy. Read to see why she is traveling to Africa…

"I'm a curious child who explores life in a body of a middle-aged woman. There is only 30 days more and my journey to Africa will begin. From the awaiting experience, from the people I'm going to meet. During my travels, I have always liked to be with simple people, to help in the kitchen when trekking, among porters; how many children have to unload lots of kilograms just so they can attend school. A boy with a full basket of luggage offered me the only piece of candy he had. He didn't have much, but he would give that too. To me, who was taking photographs of the beautiful nature. These kinds of gestures touch you deeply. I didn't take the candy, I didn't offend him. We met every day on the way, both glad to see each other. You can always look simple people in the eyes, into their soul. They have nothing to hide, no reason to pretend. They are simple.

I don't know what called me to Gambia. A call. We are more connected than we can imagine. Children elsewhere don’t concern us? We are all inhabitants of planet Earth and every 
thought, help and cooperation is welcome. I'm going to Gambia to learn, but I'm also continuing my studies and volunteering. I like to exercise outdoors, explore, help heal and spread light. The more of ourselves we can give to others, the richer we become.

I, myself, am a mother of three wonderful children: Anja, Anže and Gaja They have always supported me like my partner Matjaž. Before I met him, I took care of Anja and Anže as a single mother, so I know more sides of life. On our honeymoon in Egypt we gave away toys and clothes which we had brought with us. My schoolmate and friend Jelka brought me today shirts, backpacks and pendants for children. I'm looking forward to seeing sparkles in their eyes." Irena Zgank

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar